The word “salad” can be enough to initiate my gag reflex. I always get ahead of myself, pack a salad for lunch, and then sit with it on my desk for hours as I try to choke down a bowl full of food that only rabbits should be eating.
It turns out a salad doesn’t need to just be dry, leafy greens. By loading them with good-for-you foods that aren’t your typical vegetables, you can forget that the contents of your meal actually add up to a salad.
You don’t need to spend $12 a day to get a seriously filling salad that will keep you satisfied all day long. Try one of these to meal prep this week — they may lead to even the most salad-hating among us to change their mind and come to the green side.
1. Chickpea Salad
2. Chipotle Shrimp Cobb Salad
3. Garlic-Roasted Butternut Squash and Kale Salad
4. Shrimp and Avocado Salad with Miso Dressing
5. Kale Salad with Pesto
6. Cobb Salad with Herb Vinaigrette
7. Chickpea Shawarma Salad
8. Grilled Chimichurri Chicken Avocado Salad
9. Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
10. Cherry Walnut Chicken Salad
11. Pomegranate and Wild Rice Salad
12. Deconstructed Pepper Bowl Salad
13. Avocado Greek Salad
14. Quinoa Spinach Power Salad
15. Kale and Asian Pear Salad
What’s your favorite salad recipe? Let us know in the comments below!