Black Bean and Corn Salad is a fresh, crunchy, tangy, and nutritious twist on a traditional corn salad recipe. Beans, tomatoes, corn and peppers are tossed with a tangy vinaigrette and a dash of cumin and chili powder.
This is the perfect summer side with grilled BBQ chicken and keeps well in the fridge making for great lunches all week!
A Summer Favorite
When produce is fresh I lean towards salads for a big portion of our meals. Salads can have lettuce but many are just a mixture of fresh veggies (like a Cucumber Tomato Salad).
This simple salad starts with grilled corn (or even leftover Boiled Corn on the Cob) cut right off the cob.
How to Cook Corn for Salad
Here are a few of my favorite methods for cooking corn on the cob for this recipe:
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Easy Boiled Corn on the Cob
- Microwave Corn on the Cob
You can also use frozen or canned corn for this recipe meaning it’s great any time of year! If using frozen corn it should be defrosted but does not need to be cooked (it’s already been blanched in preparation for freezing).
If using frozen or canned, I sometimes like to broil it to get a bit of char flavor (toss with 2 tsp olive oil) but it’s totally optional.
How to Make Black Bean and Corn Salad
Easy corn and black bean salad is a simple process. It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Combine all dressing ingredients, and set aside to give flavors a chance to develop.
- Prep the veggies and combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate for about an hour.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley or cilantro leaves and a slice of avocado or two if you’d like and serve fresh.
To Store Leftovers
Tomatoes, especially after being cut, have a tendency to get mushy in the fridge. If you’re going to be serving this recipe over a period of a few days, add fresh tomatoes to each serving.
Leftovers of this recipe do not freeze well.
More Corny Favorites
- Frito Corn Salad – ready in 10 mins!
- Homemade Cornbread Recipe – light, fluffy and delicious!
- Grilled Corn Salad – fresh summer side
- Mexican Corn Dip – fun party dip!
- Corn Casserole– only 6 ingredients
Black Bean and Corn Salad
- 3 cups corn kernels (about 4 cobs of corn)
- 1 cup black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 cup green pepper diced
- 1/2 cup orange pepper diced
- 1/3 cup red onion diced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese or feta, optional
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
Follow Spend with Pennies on Pinterest
Combine corn, beans, tomatoes, bell pepper and onion in a medium bowl.
Add dressing ingredients and toss to combine. Generously season with salt & pepper. Marinate at least 1 hour.
Top with feta and additional cilantro if desired.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)