I’ve been making this salad and getting compliments on it for years! This people-pleaser is the perfect potluck salad so please make sure you send all those who request the recipe back to our site!
Plenty of freshness with the cilantro, onion, cucumber, and red pepper, but the black beans and corn mean less prep time chopping! The simple dressing is just right and doesn’t require a special trip to the store to purchase specialty ingredients!
Although I raise my eyebrows at him, my husband likes to treat it like a salsa and gobble it up with tortilla chips. I prefer to think of it as a salad and be happy that my children are eating their vegetables!
Classic Corn and Black Bean Salad
- 1 can of corn or 1 ½ cups frozen corn thawed
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- ½ cup chopped cucumber
- ½ cup chopped sweet red pepper
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil and seasoning. Pour desired amount over salad and stir to coat. Refrigerate until serving.