Ready for some salad love? This Crunchy Detox Salad is an ultra simple recipe both for the salad and its dressing. It’s made with fresh, local and organic ingredients that are crisp and bursting with flavor.
CRUNCHY DETOXIFYING SALAD
The inspiration for this colorful Crunchy Detox Salad comes from the Whole Foods Market near my house. Lately they’ve been serving a really awesome chopped detox salad that I buy quite often. In fact, I buy it so often that I thought maybe I should just try to recreate it at home. This Crunchy Detox Salad is my riff on things. This is one of my favorite detox salad recipes!!
This superfood salad recipe is loaded with broccoli, cauliflower, parsley, carrots , raisins and sunflower seeds. Where I switched things up just a bit was I added a fistful of chopped roasted almonds (who doesn’t love more crunch), some purple cabbage, celery, and I add honey and ginger to the lemon in my vinaigrette. The key to this 3 ingredient vinaigrette is to let it sit in the fridge for about an hour (longer if you have the time) before tossing it with the salad. Oh my goodness….the flavor of this vinaigrette after it’s been in the fridge for a bit is so good, you’ll want to drink it!
BENEFITS OF DETOXIFYING
Besides being beautiful, delicious, and fun to eat …..the vegetables in this chopped salad recipe contain nutrients and phytochemicals which stimulate the enzymes in your liver to turn toxins into something our bodies can eliminate easily. Besides eliminating the bad, regular detoxing helps to strengthen our immune system functioning and to fight off infection.
Detoxing restores balance to our body’s systems to help them function properly. Everybody can benefit from giving a boost to our body’s detox system. The upside to it is you might find that you feel more energetic and full of vitality. It’s a win-win!
MORE HEALTHY SALAD RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Broccoli Detox Salad
Everyday Detox Salad
Spinach Berry Antioxidant Salad
- • 2 cups cauliflower
- • 2 cups broccoli
- • 1 cup red cabbage, roughly chopped
- • 1 cup carrots, roughly chopped
- • 1-1/2 cups fresh parsley
- • 2 celery stalks
- • ½ cup almonds
- • 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- • 1/3 cup organic raisins
- For the Vinaigrette
- • 3 Tbsp olive oil
- • ½ cup lemon juice
- • 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- • 2 tablespoons clover honey
- • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Either chop the ingredients using a good sharp knife, or toss them individually in a food processor and quickly process until they're finely chopped.
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl and toss with the vinaigrette.
For the Vinaigrette
- Place the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a jar with a lid. Place the lid on the jar and shake the ingredients. Or place all of the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to incorporate well. Best if refrigerated for up to an hour before use.