WW Recipe of the Day: Mediterranean Chicken Couscous Salad
(243 calories | *4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
Simple. Healthy. Delicious.
A complete light meal in a bowl. This Mediterranean couscous salad is a winner.
And it tastes even better the next day after the flavors have had a chance to meld. So you can enjoy it for dinner and then again the next day for lunch.
Of all the Chicken salad recipes I’ve posted here on Simple Nourished Living this is a new favorite.
Skinny on Mediterranean Chicken Couscous Salad
This Mediterranean Chicken Couscous Salad requires quite a lot of chopping. But very little cooking if you have leftover cooked chicken.
I used leftover grilled chicken. Rotisserie chicken is another easy no-cook alternative.
Just boil the water for your couscous and you’re good to go.
Mediterranean Chicken Couscous Salad Recipe Variations
I added 1 teaspoon Zaatar seasoning, which is delicious but totally optional.
I also added a can of chickpeas for extra fiber. Other tasty additions that would be good include:
- halved kalamata olives
- chopped artichoke hearts
- crumbled feta cheese
According to my calculations each serving has 243 calories and *6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
This is definitely on my make again list. Enjoy!
Are You Ready To Firmly Plant Yourself
On The Path To Lasting Weight Loss Success?
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this chicken couscous salad, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Mediterranean Chicken Couscous Salad Recipe
- 1 box (5.8 ounces) couscous (I used Near East roasted garlic )
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped English cucumber
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare the couscous according to package directions, omitting the oil. Fluff the couscous with a fork.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, garbanzo beans, cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, mint and garlic. Gently stir in the couscous.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil and salt. Pour dressing over couscous mixture and toss gently.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
Source: adapted from Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast: Weeknight Meals: Over 280 Incredible Supper Solutions
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Mediterranean chicken couscous salad, you might also like
- Skinny Curried Chicken Salad
- Chicken and Quinoa Salad with Dried Fruit
- Grilled Chicken Greek Salad
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!