This Taco Pasta Salad Recipe is just in time for those summer barbecues. A cold pasta salad side dish with a fun taco twist will be a hit!
This post may contain affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for more info.
Southwest Taco Pasta Salad Without Lettuce
This cold pasta salad recipe has all the great taco flavors in a side dish. Bring this to any barbecue, picnic or party for a unique dish.
One taco ingredient I do leave off is the lettuce because honestly lettuce in pasta salad doesn’t appeal to me. Make this pasta salad your own. Add the lettuce if you prefer. Or even make this without the taco meat. It will still be super tasty!
How Long Will Pasta Salad Keep In The Refrigerator
Pasta salad will stay good in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. However, I always eat pasta salad within 3 days because the pasta tends to absorb moisture from the dressing and ingredients.
Be sure to store pasta salad in an airtight container while in the refrigerator.
Ingredients Needed For Taco Pasta Salad (screenshot for grocery list)
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning
- Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles
- Pasta (ziti or preferred style)
- Frozen Corn
- Canned Black Beans
- Black Olives
- Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- Colby-Jack Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Chili Powder
- Hot Sauce (optional)
- Optional Add-ins: Avocado, Celery, Peppers, Onion, Jalapeno.
How To Make Pasta Salad
- In pan over medium/high heat, brown and crumble ground beef. Drain excess fat if needed. Stir in 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning and green chiles. Remove from heat, allow to cool.
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions. Drain and cool.
- In large bowl combine beef, pasta, corn, black beans, olives, tomatoes, cheese and cilantro. Stir together.
- In separate bowl, combine sour cream, mayo, lime juice, 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning, chili powder, cumin and hot sauce. Pour mixture over pasta salad and stir to coat evenly.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
What Goes Well With Pasta Salad
Pasta salad goes well alongside most any protein, especially barbecue.
Here are some meaty recipes that go well with pasta salad: Taco Cheese Stuffed Meatballs, Easy Shrimp Tacos, Cast Iron Flank Steak, Spicy Baked Shrimp, Southwest Chicken and Taco Tuna Stuffed Tomatoes.
For more unique pasta salad check out these 55 Cold Pasta Salad Recipes. Or, take a peek at all of my PASTA SALAD RECIPES. If you want a hot pasta dish, check out this Easy Lemon Garlic Pasta!
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 631 Total Fat 28g Saturated Fat 10g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 16g Cholesterol 59mg Sodium 889mg Carbohydrates 69g Fiber 8g Sugar 10g Protein 26g