Whether you are looking for a chicken pasta salad recipe for a BBQ or a main dish, this tex mex pasta salad is sure to the trick. Our family LOVES the zesty flavor of this salad, and best of all – it’s incredibly easy throw together! This is one cold pasta salad recipe you’ll be making all summer long.
Tex Mex Chicken Pasta SaladOn Memorial Day last year, my mom arranged a little picnic for the family that lived nearby. We all decided to meet across the street from the LDS Denver Temple and bring our own main dish and then a few things to share. My mom asked if I would bring some kind of cold pasta salad. I always love bringing special dishes to events, so I happily obliged.
Fiesta Ranch Chicken Pasta SaladI went back and forth about what kind of pasta salad to make – traditional or something new. In the end, I just went to the store, threw some ingredients into the cart, and I hoped it would all turn out. When I left the store I had:
- Colored Rotini Pasta
- Black Beans
- Tortilla Strips
- Ranch Dressing
- Zesty Ranch Dressing Mix
- Red Pepper
Cold Chicken Pasta Salad
- 1 12 ounce box colored rotini
- 1 bottle Ranch Dressing
- 1 package Zesty Ranch Dressing Mix, (alternatively, you can buy Hidden Valley Ranch Zesty Dressing)
- 15 ounce can black beans
- 15 ounce can corn
- 1/2 medium red pepper diced
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 1 large tomato, , diced
- 1 1/2 cups grilled chicken strips
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 of a 3.5-ounce bag of tortilla strips
- Cook the full package of noodles according to instructions.
- Drain excess water and place noodles in a large bowl.
- Add drained can of black beans, corn, red peppers, onions, tomato, cheese, and chicken strips, and toss.
- Add the ranch dressing and tortilla strips and toss to combine immediately before serving.