This Thai Chicken Salad recipe is always the star of the show whenever it’s served at our table. This easy, healthy salad come together in 15 to 20 minutes. 236 calories and 4 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP
This Thai Chicken Salad recipe is always the perfect dish for a special (but easy) dinner. We’re celebrating here today and, true to form, my celebration food is savory and involves soy sauce. And what’s the occasion? Well, it just so happens that this little blog of mine turns 7 today. Seven years ago, I picked up my point and shoot camera after making a batch of French onion soup, snapped a couple of badly lit photos, wrote a story to go along with the recipe and hit “publish”. I started the blog as a lark, a creative outlet to channel my love of food and cooking. At that point, I had no idea that it was something that could become a full-time job and eventually contribute to the family income.
Here we are, 7 years and about 1000 recipes later, and I still get a high from coming up with a new recipe idea, getting the thumbs-up from my official taste-testers (my husband and boys – they love this Thai Chicken Salad recipe!) and sharing it with my readers. It just never gets old.
And in the spirit of recipes that I couldn’t wait to share with you, this Thai Chicken Salad recipe ranks right up there with some of my all-time favorites, such as Teriyaki Shrimp Tacos with Chili Lime Yogurt, Slow Cooker Hoisin Chicken and Rice Noodles with Chicken, Asparagus & Soy Ginger Sauce.
You’re seeing the savory, soy sauce trend here, right?
I’m not kidding when I say that I could eat bowl after bowl of this salad. Napa cabbage, red cabbage and grated carrots are tossed together to form the base of a salad (or slaw), then pumped up with shredded chicken and a Thai-inspired dressing that includes soy sauce (of course!), a splash of fish sauce (Thai food wouldn’t be the same without it), rice vinegar and chili garlic sauce.
Watch how easy it is to make this Thai Chicken Salad:
And before signing off, I want to thank all of you for your loyal readership. I truly love what I do, and your comments and emails make my job that much more rewarding.
Other healthy Thai-inspired recipes:
Thai Shrimp Stir Fry with Zucchini
10-Minute Thai Shrimp, Cucumber & Avocado Salad
Thai Chicken Naan Pizza with Peanut Sauce, Red Pepper & Carrots
Thai Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1/2 Napa cabbage thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 small red cabbage thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 medium carrots grated (about 1 cup)
- 3 green onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds toasted
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons agave nectar or honey
- 2 teaspoons " target="_blank" rel="nofollow">fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the Napa cabbage, red cabbage, carrot, green onion, cilantro and chicken breast. Toss with the dressing. Garnish with the toasted almonds. Serve.
- In a small glass bowl, combine the lime juice, peanut butter, soy sauce, agave nectar, fish sauce, rice vinegar and chili garlic sauce. Whisk until smooth.
Disclosure: This post contains links to my Amazon affiliate page. Any revenue made from sales through these links helps to support this blog. Thank you!